MVAT (Military and Veterans Appreciation Trust) was founded in 2007 by several members of the Mountain Gate Country Club, Los Angeles, California, who strongly believe that our service members and veterans need greater support than they receive from current underfunded programs.Read More
Our Mission is to Raise Awareness of, and Funds for, Military and Veteran’s Support Groups
Below, MVAT Chairman Don Schwarz presenting a check as the Title Sponsor during a fundraising event for AUSA.
For more information on the Greater Los Angeles Chapter of the AUSA, visit their website at: www.ausaglac.orgRead More
MountainGate Country Club once again hosted the 7th Annual MVAT Golf and Tennis Classic on August 12th, 2013. This year was another rousing success with over 160 golfers participating on all three nines and over 50 tennis players filling the courts to near capacity. Tournament participants were treated to a fun day honoring our nation’s greatest citizens, our military veterans, and their families. The event raised over $300K total.
Following the conclusion of a fun day on the courts and the links, guests were treated to an evening program featuring wonderful live music, interesting speakers, and an exciting grand prize raffle drawing for an all expenses paid trip to Australia. Representatives from The Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation, Wounded Warrior Project, The Gary Sinise Foundation, New Directions, and Air Compassion for Veterans were all on hand to talk about the difference that the funds from The MVAT Foundation have made in their organizations and in the lives of the people they serve. In addition, numerous Congressional Medal of Honor recipients, our nation’s highest military honor, were on hand for the event, along with several wounded warriors, two foursomes of LAPD officers that had served in the military, and many other VIPs.
Thank you to everyone for your generous support of our annual event. Once again, we topped the previous year’s revenue and net totals.
We received grant requests from over 100 different organizations. The selection process was very difficult, as most all were very worthy of support. After tough consideration, the Foundation will award a total of $230,000 to thirteen different groups.
Here’s a list of where your funds are going:
• Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation, earmarked for the Character Development Program
• Veteran’s Transition Center of Monterey County
• Fairleigh Dickinson University for their Veterans Launching Ventures initiative.
• The Gary Sinise Foundation
• Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Greater Los Angeles Chapter for their Family Programs
• Wounded Warrior Project
• New Directions
• Pathway Home
• Coming Home Project
• K9s for Warriors
• SnowBall Express
• MACV (Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans) for their homeless veterans housing initiative (where RBC is headquartered)
• Mercy Medical Airlift/Air Compassion for Veterans
As you can see, this is a wide list geographically, as well as by need. Very much thought and research went into compiling this list and narrowing down the 100+ grant requests.
You will hear more about these organizations during the year, but we wanted to share with you the decisions of the board. Thank you again. You truly made a difference!Read More
• 4 nights Crown Metropol, Luxe room twin share
• Dinner for Two (2) on historic Colonial Tramcar Restaurant – early seating.
WITH YOUR CHOICE OF:
• Golf: Royal Melbourne for 2 people including private transfers, green fees, map of course and guide to assist with check in
• Tennis: Australian Open Semi Finals tickets for 2 people or best available
• Business Class Airfare for Two (2) people on Qantas Airways is also included
Restrictions: Hotels and tours are subject to availability; terms and conditions apply and must be signed before travel.Read More